Saturday, May 18, 2013

Combination of pieces on Chess board

Puzzle # 10
How many ways are there to arrange the sixteen black or white pieces of a standard international chess set on the first two rows of the board?

  • Each square can hold only one chess piece
  • All eight Pawns are identical
  • Similarly each rook, knight and bishop are identical to its pair.

What could be the possible combinations to arrange the chess pieces on chess board?



Puzzle Tip :
Use Permutation and Combination technique


Approach to Solve Puzzle :
  1. Using Factorial Technique, solution can be obtained
  2. Try placing a single piece and validate all possible arrangements

Solution to Puzzle :
Nothing is impossible.

Still you want to see the solution reach link to see the solution. But, don't give up easily. 

1 comment:

  1. Great collection and I sure wish I could write stories for these pictures!Look how lovely these are. I wish I could draw like this. I will miss you, my sweet friend. Looking forward to when you're back.I really appreciate all your comments, thank you! I’m back behind my desk and hope to start blogging again and catching up with all your lovely blogs in the coming days.............

    aluminum chess set , metal chess set

    ReplyDelete