Puzzle # 10How many ways are there to arrange the sixteen black or white pieces of a standard international chess set on the first two rows of the board?
- Each square can hold only one chess piece
- All eight Pawns are identical
- Similarly each rook, knight and bishop are identical to its pair.
What could be the possible combinations to arrange the chess pieces on chess board?
Puzzle Tip :
Use Permutation and Combination technique
Approach to Solve Puzzle :
- Using Factorial Technique, solution can be obtained
- Try placing a single piece and validate all possible arrangements
Solution to Puzzle :
Nothing is impossible.
Still you want to see the solution reach link to see the solution. But, don't give up easily.